Circulation of the Radio and Television Competition for the Year 2022/2023
The competition adopts all the languages in the Union, namely French, English, Arabic, Portuguese, and Swahili
Each authority member is entitled to participate in only one work (program) in each of the approved program items in the competition (radio and television)
The African Union of Broadcasting (AUB) (www.uar-AUB.org) starts launching a radio and television program competition with the aim of developing African and radio production and raising its level to keep up with the recent developments in the audiovisual field.
The main objectives of the competition:
- Encourage and stimulate the production process with the professional specifications required by the authority members.
- Exchange experiences and connect bridges of communication between professionals in the authority members.
- Enriching the African Union’s program’s data bank and putting it at the disposal of the members and displaying it for marketing in the program markets and various festivals.
- Create a spirit of honorable competition to reach a distinguished level of African radio and television production.
- Encourage producers to respond to the requirements of viewers and listeners to raise the level of cultural and media awareness through their productions.
- Encourage African production which aims to introduce the treasures of Africa at all levels of civilization (cultural, economic, social) without losing sight of contemporary African reality.
The competition adopts all the languages in the Union, namely French, English, Arabic, Portuguese, and Swahili.
Conditions of Participation
- Each authority member is entitled to participate in only one work (program) in each of the approved program items in the competition (radio and television) ;
- The nominated works (programs) will be presented to the preliminary (admission) committee to consider their conformity with the required conditions;
- Programs of a propaganda (or political) nature that do not serve the African good and contradict the objectives of the AUB will be excluded from participation in the competition.
Financial prizes are awarded to the three winning programs in the categories of Radio and television competitions according to the following:
- First Prize: Three Thousand US Dollars (3000 $)
- Second Prize: Two Thousand US Dollars (2000$)
- Third Prize: One Thousand US Dollars (1000$)
❖ Africa and the challenges of technological transformations in the world
❖ Cancer control and Hope
❖ Treasures of Africa (including various topics: cultural, economic and, Tourism)
❖ Violence used against Women
❖ Radio and Peace spreading
Only one program is selected from each of the five items produced during 2022 and 2023 (the first quarter)
- The attached forms must be completed for each program fully and accurately.
All forms should be sent to the AUB's Center of Content Exchange including the electronic links and the video file format to these programs of the competition before the end of April this year.
- All programs should meet all the conditions and specifications stated in the statutes and regulations of the competition.
With sincere respect and appreciation.
Download Application Form: https://apo-opa.info/3MDz2xb
Distributed by APO Group on behalf of African Union of Broadcasting (AUB).